- Última actualización: Martes, 02 Agosto 2016 12:06
- Visto: 11100
What can I import within my baggage?
All passengers arriving Cuba shall fill the Customs Declaration Form providing the information requested.
The passengers' baggage can be:
- Accompanied baggage: baggage brought or taken out by the passenger.
- Unaccompanied baggage: the whole baggage, or part of it, comes or leaves before or after the passenger's departure or arrival date.
In addition to their personal belongings, for which no customs duties are paid, passengers can import as baggage, with non-trade purposes and paying customs duties, new and used items up to the authorized limit value of 1000 pesos. The value of the items arriving in the country as unaccompanied baggage will be part of the maximum value allowed for the passenger.
Minors, provided that they are ten (10) years old, are entitled to import items up to the established limit value. For clearance procedures, they must be assisted by a representing adult. Minors under ten (10) years can only carry their personal belongings according to their age.
Exempt from payment of customs duties are:
- Up to 10 kilograms of medicines.
- Pharmaceuticals; wheelchairs for the disabled; scientific, technical and art and literature books; music sheets; records; tapes; slides and films for educational purposes; prosthesis to substitute an organ or part of it ; and equipment, books or materials for the blind;
- Pampers for adults;
- Used personal belongings brought by passengers and Cuban ship and airplane crews;
- Household items and personal belongings of persons arriving in Cuba for permanent residence, as stipulated by the current regulations;
- Products for personal use of foreign scholars residing in Cuba, and materials needed for their studies. During their stay in the country as students, they can also import one (1) computer and its peripheral components, only once;
- Medals and awards granted abroad; and items received as gifts or awards by Cuban citizens in their capacity as scientists, athletes, artists and others, as long as their origin can be proved with the relevant document.
- Products temporarilly imported by foreign artists, athletes, specialists, scientists, journalists, filmmakers, temporary passengers, and people arriving in the country under special conditions, are exempt from customs duties.
What should I not import within my baggage?
Do not bring with you or as part of your baggage:
- Drugs, narcotics and psychotropic substances or hallucinogens.
- Blood derivatives.
- Obscene or pornographic literature, items and objects that put at risk the general interests of the nation.
It is allowed to import all electrical appliances and their parts, except for those which are high consumers as listed below:
stoves and portable electric stoves, other than induction vitroceramic
electric ovens, any kind, model and size, others than microwave;
electric resistance of any kind.
Besides, it is not allowed:
- Light motor vehicles (cars, motorcycles and combustion engine bicycles).
- Engine and chassis of cars and motorcycles (frames).
- Products of animal origin (cattle, pigs, sheep, goats and all species of ungulates) which can be disease carriers.