TOURISTS are those passengers who are not Cuban citizens and have their permanent residency abroad.
TOURISTS enjoy the provisions of the Convention on Customs Facilities for Tourism. They have the right to bring with them their personal belongings, provided they are for their personal use, that they carry these personal belongings with them or within their luggage, that there are no reasons to fear that there is abuse and that they are re-exported on their departure of the country.
We consider personal belongings, besides the garments and the like, items that tourists reasonably need to use, taking into account the circumstances of their trip, and other items depending on the type of tourism to do, such as:
- personal jewellery;
- camera and video camera together with a reasonable number of cassettes and their accessories;
- slide projection device or portable DVDs and accessories and a reasonable quantity of slides or films;
- musical instrument;
- portable sound and video device (portable DVD) including CD’s burners, readers and dictating machines with tapes and discs;
- Radio receiver, portable;
- cell phone;
- portable television;
- portable typewriter;
- personal computer (laptop) and accessories;
- portable calculator;
- children car;
- wheel chair for the disabled;
- sports equipment.
- personal portable devices that allow to extract or introduce information into personal computers, such as flash memory, MP3, MP4, IPOD, electronic book, PALM and the like.